Received this in an email today [there was an application form attached, but feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get one]:
Attached is the call for entries form for WALK Gallery, Window Art Local Knowledge. The call for entries is for artists residing in
South Carolina. It is a collaborative project between the City of Charleston, Designers, Artists, Property Owners, and the Real Estate Industry. Pass this on to anyone you think might be interested in participating.
If you have any questions about this project please email email@example.com and if you have question about call for entries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is what was on the pdf below:
WALK Gallery, LLC is an ambitious new public art project whose goal is to fill empty King Street
storefronts in Charleston, SC with artwork by local artists. The exhibition is slated to begin at the start of
this year’s Spoleto Festival.
WALK Gallery, LLC exists to improve the quality of life through design and education.
• The project turns closed, vacant spaces into vibrant exhibit spaces.
• Local artists get a high-traffic venue to show their work.
• Property owners have attention drawn to buildings and spaces that are available for sale or rent.
• The project adds additional foot traffic and excitement to existing downtown businesses.
EXHIBITION DATES May 21 – June 28, Opening Reception May 21, 2009.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION All applications must be received by April 20, 2009.
JURY SELECTION AND ELIGIBILITY
A jury of artists and curators will select the inaugural 2009 participating artists. Applicants must be a
resident of South Carolina. Preference for under represented artists will be given.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (All requirements must be complete)
• All mediums are applicable.
• Submit 3 DIGITAL IMAGES ON CD in jpeg format. (EACH SUBMISSION, NO LARGER THAN 3MB)
• Names of image files on CD must correspond to image title on application.
• If accepted, artists are responsible for installing their own work. A specific time frame will be
dictated by WALK Gallery, LLC to accommodate selected artists. All artwork must be installed
before May 20. Artists must provide all installation materials, keeping in mind they can’t alter in
any way the property owner’s space. If the space rents during the exhibition, art will need to be
removed from that space prior to the end of the show.
• Application fee is $20. Make checks payable to WALK Gallery, LLC. If your check is returned, the
artist will be charged an additional $34 before being eligible for the review process.
INCLUDE THESE ITEMS WITH YOUR SUBMISSION, DUE APRIL 20, 2009
• 3 DIGITAL IMAGES ON CD in jpeg format (EACH SUBMISSION, NO LARGER THAN 3MB)
• APPLICATION FORM
• Artist Statement (250 words or less) and CV/resume
• $20 CHECK made out to WALK Gallery, LLC
• Applicants may attach a separate page detailing the description of the submitted work if
necessary. If proposing an installation, please attach information detailing your project.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO
Attention: WALK Gallery, LLC
PO Box 639
Charleston, SC 29402
Artists will be notified by e-mail on or before May 1, 2009
Accepted artwork must be installed by the artist by May 20, 2009
QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com