Last night I was inspired to make my own version of “Paleo Egg Muffins” from this link. Why my own version? Well, I didn’t have their ingredients. :}
It’s a simple recipe. Instead of liners, I just sprayed the muffin pan with Olive Oil really well.
- Olive Oil Baking Spray
- 12 eggs
- shredded cheese [Colby or Mozarella, etc. I used both in this one]
- frozen broccoli
- frozen meatballs
- 1 large sweet potato [enough to cut 12 circles to line the bottom of the muffin pan]
- Rubber spatula with an angled edge to remove [unless you use liners, then you don’t need this spatula]
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with Olive Oil.
- Skin sweet potato and slice up 12 slices – about 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick. It will cook, trust me! Line up the 12 into the bottom of the pan.
- Defrost some broccoli and meatballs, throw them on top of the Sweet Potatoes.
- Put shredded cheese on top.
- Beat 12 eggs [season if you prefer; I prefer to season after it’s cooked since seasoning tends to go away during heat time]. Then pour about 3/4 cup into each pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.