Some would say this has been the worst year ever for me. I was still wincing from the previous year’s lay off, took an income reduction [obviously], and gained some weight. But instead of wallowing in self-pity, denial or negativity, I’m going to take the high road and counteract each ‘curse’ with a blessing and believe instead, that it’s been the best year ever!
- I was laid off in November 2012, but this year, I have had a handful of freelance experiences. I’ve learned a lot about freelancing and how to work with other people.
- I gained 20 lbs., but I joined a gym and have managed to maintain the gain with a better attitude [because we can actually afford the gym and I actually like going]. I may not be as thinner as last year, but at least I can still jog a 5K!
- Our income was drastically reduced, but being focused and disciplined [mostly] has amazingly jump started our savings! It’s “funny” how a crisis kicks your perspective in gear! Alright, not really “funny”. However, being debt free has helped [we highly encourage it; so does this guy and his team.]!
- We finally got a new computer for me to do freelance work; in fact being laid off helped me get it (severance).
- I’ve been stressed and ridden with anxiety, but I’ve learned how to breathe, stretch and pray more. Still learning how to “let go” though.
- Our first[born] dog, Mid-Knight is 16 years old and she’s slowly deteriorating, but we got another dog recently, Barda. M has been a little more lively because of B’s energy. M’s still alive and we’re enjoying her while we can!
- Both cars are on their last legs, but we were able to pay for their major repairs and they’re still running!
How about you? What have been the low/high points of this year?